The Next Generation Radio Project is a week-long digital journalism training project designed to give competitively selected participants, who are interested in radio and journalism, the skills and opportunity to report and produce their own multimedia story. Those chosen for the project are paired with a professional journalist who serves as their mentor.
Students from the University of Nevada, Reno describe their experiences with Next Generation Radio.
Our Upcoming Project
WUNC, Chapel Hill, NC -- June 12-16, 2017
Deadline: Monday, May 15, Midnight EDT
Still wondering what a week with Next Generation looks like? 2017 Fellow Katherine Ellis produced this video of her time with us. One week in less than three minutes.
Our Next Project
University of Nevada, Reno -- May 21-26, 2017
Congratulations to our students who will be joining us in Reno in May:
- Holly Hutchings, Senior, University of Nevada, Reno
- Jacob Solis, Junior, University of Nevada, Reno
- Joey Lovato, Senior, University of Nevada, Reno
- Miguel Arucan, Senior, University of Nevada, Reno
- Paolo Zialcita, Sophomore, University of Nevada, Reno
- Perla Gomez-Silva, Senior, University of Nevada, Reno
- Ruben Kimmelman, Graduate Student, University of Nevada, Reno